You can thank Michael Schwarz for making the .NET developer’s life so much easier with his AJAX library. From the AJAX.NET blog:
The new features are:
- System.Web.UI.HtmlControls support as arguments and return value to support client control updates without postbacks
- System.Guid converter
- Cache Ajax.NET request and response using [Ajax.AjaxMethod(seconds)]
The StackOverflowException I got from several developers was the missing support of System.Guid. This should now work, sorry!
There are new examples available at http://ajax.schwarz-interactive.de/ for HtmlControls, Caching and the Namespace Mapping. You have to scroll to the bottom of the page!
some other small bugfixes for a new version number: version 22.214.171.124
- fixed this.url in class.ashx if server is in root folder
- fixed byte, StackOverflowException
- changed interface IAjaxObjectConverter, added property ClientScriptIdentifier to remove multiple client scripts