My appetite for podcasts is always growing but my interests routinely change.? I don?t listen to many .NET-specific podcasts any longer, but more along the lines of software craftsmanship, Mac/iPhone, Python and Ruby development.? I hike about an hour a day to try to stay somewhat fit and always have my iPhone loaded up with podcasts to pass the time.
I am always searching for new podcasts and from time-to-time that I come across new ones I consider worth sharing. It has been a while since I have shared any, so now seems like as good a time as any.? My last update from a few years ago titled Software Development Podcast List has seen a few additions.
General Coding, Ruby on Rails, .NET
- coderpath podcast with Miles Forrest and Curtis McHale ? mainly interviews with Ruby on Rails community folks, great dialog.
- Teach Me to Code podcast with Charles Max Wood ? covers a wide variety of topics and interviews with community members from Agile to Ruby and everything in between.? Very good detailed discussions, highly recommended.
- The Ruby Show with Dan Benjamin and Jason Seifer ? good review of the latest Ruby and Rails news, with a side of hate for MongoDB (just kidding).? Most episodes are 20-min or so in length.
- Herding Code Podcast with K. Scott Allen, Kevin Dente, Scott Koon and Jon Galloway ? originally mainly a Microsoft-centric podcast, lately they have been expanding into many great areas such as iPhone development, Ruby, Ruby on Rails, jQuery and more.? Great interviews by people really focused on technology.
- Startups for the Rest of Us with Rob Walling and Mike Taber ? not a developer podcast per se but a podcast about going out on your own from two software developer.? Truly valuable episodes if you are thinking about starting a software company or even if you have an idea for a product and wonder what to do.
- Ruby5 with Gregg Pollack and Nathaniel Bibler ? great source of Ruby news in very short episodes (5-6 minutes).
- FLOSS Weekly with Randal Schwartz ? interviews with leaders in open source.? Great insight into great projects.
Mac and iPhone/iPad
- Core Intiution with Daniel Jalkut and Manton Reece ? includes many aspects of Mac development.
- The Mac Developer Network ? covers a wide range of development topics for Mac, iPhone and iPad development.
Even though I don?t put screencasts on my iPhone, I do watch these in my free time on my Mac.? These are really good, so I wanted to share.? I didn?t really have enough to put in their own categories, so everything is just lumped together.
- RailsCasts with Ryan Bates ? short (6-15min) screencasts covering very specific topics of Ruby on Rails development.? This is great for beginners and experienced developers alike who want to come up-to-speed on new topics like Rails 3 (222 episodes as of the time of this writing).
- web pulp tv with Josh Owens ? very detailed interviews with many high-profile tech companies talking about how they approach a tech stack and make thing scale.
- Teach Me to Code with Charles Max Wood ? great how-to videos on various aspects of Rails, including Rails 3, RSpec and others.? These are very well done and worth watching for the latest.
I am always looking for any other podcasts or screencasts covering unique topics.? Please leave a comment here with some I may not be including here and may enjoy.? Thank you.