I have been using my iPhone version 1 for a while now and when Apple released version 2.0 of the iPhone firmware along with the app store I was really excited to see some of the applications I could use. So far I use tools such as Twitterrific and others but really only for minimal use, until today when Instant Cocoa released pTerm which allows SSH, Telnet and TCP connections from my iPhone. pTerm costs only $4.99 and will let me check my servers, change configuration or other maintenance from the road.
- SSH, Telnet, and Raw Socket (TCP) support
- xterm terminal emulation
- 80×24 standard unix terminal window
- Pinch to zoom in the terminal
- Landscape and Portrait modes
- Support for CTRL keys
- Works over Edge, 3G, or WiFi connections
- Entirely based on PuTTY; if the features are in PuTTY, we can proably provide them on the iPhone!
theAppleBlog lists additional details about the application. The web site lists the application as Version 1.0 with 1.1 ready and waiting for Apple. You can get this version from the Apple Application Store.