A new magazine has hit the Ruby world, giving us our first Ruby-only publication, called The Rubyist. It is Published by Jeremy McAnally, author of the Humble Little Ruby Book and Ruby conference speaker.
The Rubyist is described as:
A technical magazine focused on technical content and the happenings in the world of Ruby, Rails, Merb, and anything else related to our favorite programming language.
The first issue is August 2008 and features:
- Hampton Catlin, Rein Henrichs, and friends in the first issue of the Rubyist.
- Interview with Rein Henrichs on Ruby best practices
- Interview with Hampton Catlin about Jabl
- Columns from Giles Bowkett and Rein Henrichs
- A Ruby quiz-esque challenge (you can win an iPhone! Yes, you!)
- Building DataMapper adapters
- Ben Scofield shares some techniques for auditing your code
- Using RubyOSA with Evan Light
- Yehuda Katz waxes rhapsodic on performance measures in Merb
- Leaning about building gems with BDD from Jamie van Dyke
The Rubyist is available in print for $8 or the PDF version for $3. I have ordered my print edition and am looking forward to giving it a read.